Last year our family went to the Saline Celtic Festival. We had a great time! There were lots of activities for children, live performances (singing, dancing, instruments), dancing lessons, parades (including one for the kids), sporting events to watch and more. Don’t miss Millie!
Although there will be activities thoughout the week, the festival will be July 11-12, 2008.
This year the festival includes the Masters Championship of the Highland Heavy Athletic Games.
My favorite activities included:
- Listening to the bagpipes in the massed band during the opening
- Listening to the Saline Fiddlers and other performers
Our kids especially enjoyed:
- Learning the maypole dance
- Painting a shield (about 15″ by 30″) with their own crest
- Playing Celtic games
- Jousting (special activity for children)
- Eating ice cream
- Bring lots of water
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty (especially children who want to paint)